The Ashiyana Teacher Training Scholarship is designed to support those individuals who dream about becoming a yoga teacher but cannot afford to cover the costs of the Training Programme.
The Scholarship offers two subsidised places at our 4-week Intensive Training Courses (200hr YTT) at Ashiyana in Goa – held biannually each year during February-March and October-November. We will cover 90% of the tuition cost - the scholars will need to contribute just 10% towards the tuition fee. Accommodation (including three meals per day) will be provided by us.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this Award, you are requested to write a 500-word piece about yourself, including the following information:
- Why do you think that you will make a good Yoga teacher?
- Why do you want to teach?
- Why do you wish to train specifically at Ashiyana?
The essay should also touch upon your future Yoga teaching plans and your reasons of eligibility for a subsidised place on this Training.
The Scheme Timeframe
We encourage all potential candidates to register your interest immediately.
Please send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the October-November Training Scholarship:
Please send your essay by 30 April.
5 shortlisted candidates will be selected and notified by 1 June.
Each shortlisted candidate will have a 30 minute one-to-one Skype interview, conducted between 14-28 June.
The two selected scholars will be announced by 1 July.
The scholars will need to pay 10% of the cost of the tuition fee as a non-refundable fee by 30 July, and provide proof of flight booking by 30 August.
To apply for the February-March Training Scholarship:
Please send your essay by 30 August.
5 shortlisted candidates will be selected and notified by 1 October.
Each shortlisted candidate will have a 30 minute one-to-one Skype interview, conducted between 14-28 October.
The two selected scholars will be announced by 1 November.
The scholars will need to pay 10% of the cost of the tuition fee as a non-refundable fee by 30 November, and provide proof of flight booking by 30 December.
Terms and Conditions*
- The scholar will be entitled to all of the standard inclusions offered on the 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Programme (4-week intensive)
- The scholar must arrange their own tourist Visa
- Free accommodation will be provided either within Ashiyana or off-site at a local residence (depending on availability). This will include the night before the opening ceremony (if required and subject to availability)
- Optional additional nights stay at Ashiyana are offered with a -20% discount (subject to availability)
- The scholar is responsible for their return flights
- The scholar will be offered complementary return airport transfers
- The decisions about shortlisting and scholars are fully taken by the Ashiyana Management team and are final
* T&Cs subject to change